random and amusing things kids say and do, and other things that grab my attention

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Disney Princess by Any Other Name...

Several years ago my girls began talking about Jazz-girl. I would frequently hear them saying things like "You be Cinderella and I'll be Jazz-girl," or whatever. I admit I had no flippin' idea what they were talking about but they were not fighting so I didn't ask. Then one day (months after this all started) Sunshine told me she wanted to see the Jazz-girl movie.


Ummm... what?


For several minutes I tried to figure out what she was talking about while she looked at me like I was a moron. Finally she let out a huge sigh and brought me this:



Ding!

"OH! You mean Jasmine!"

Again I get the look that says I am a moron, and a slow one at that.

"No mommy. She is a girl. Jazz-GIRL."

Jasmine = Jazz-man = Jazz-girl

No comments:

Post a Comment